Modeling Rain on Land
The details of this lesson can be found in the manual.
- “Making Rain on Land” Investigation Procedure – For display during investigation (could be printed for each group)
- “Making Observations” Journal Example – Data table example for students to create in their science journals
- Just-in-Time Runoff & Groundwater Graphic
Student Readings (choose two):
- Video with more detail on how water moves through soil (many big words used): “Water Moving though Soil”.
- Online Runoff Simulation: This online model lets users change the land cover, soil type and amount of precipitation and see how it affects infiltration and runoff. This could be used as an extension for a student that understands the concepts behind groundwater and would like take it a step further.