Flooding in Our City
The details of this lesson can be found in the manual. Make sure to set up stormwater models and send home the Pre-Unit Take Home Interview before you do this lesson.
- Explanatory Model with scaffolding – Where Does Stormwater Go? – Print on 11×17 paper.
- Examples of student explanatory models
- Alternative Explanatory Model – Where Does Stormwater Go? This one leaves off the zoom in and writing area. Print on 11×17 paper.
- Teacher Spreadsheet – What-How-Why Assessment for editing (Excel sheet for editing on computer) – Includes examples.
- Teacher Worksheet: What, How, Why Assessment Tool for Explanatory Model (PDF for printing and filling in by hand).